Friday, October 12, 2007

Of course, everyone keeps asking me how much I decided to pay for In Rainbows. They ask me since, well, I love Radiohead enough that, from the perspective of most of my friends, I appear to be the biggest Radiohead fan who ever lived. (I'm not; there are people who FAR outclass me, but yes, I love this band.)

And it was hard for me to figure out how much I should pay. I know that their cut on each of their previous albums was probably about a pound at most per copy sold, and this time without a record label or physical CD production or anything, they probably have only a small list of people they had to pay. So I could probably have paid 3 pounds and felt perfectly good about it.

But then, I just kinda felt like I owe them, you know?

It got me thinking. What if some malevolent supervillain developed the power to actually _unmake_ side one of OK Computer, to snuff it out of existence? It could never be heard again, and if I tried to remember how any of it went, I'd just draw a blank. How much ransom would I be willing to pay to stop that from happening?

The answer is probably an amount so high it would shock you. After all, it's JUST MONEY. WTF is money, anyway? And what I'd be saving, I just can't put a dollar amount on. I can hardly quantify the value of what they've given me, even in just those six songs, and then when you add in the Bends, and the National Anthem and Talk Show Host and all of that?

So anyway, no cheaping out for me. I went up to like 8 pounds or something like that.

Man, I tell you this: if I'm ever to be executed, let them shoot me through the head while I'm listening to Paranoid Android. Loud. I mean REALLY fucking loud. At the very end, when it all hits maximum intensity -- just kill me right then. I won't even know it. And who knows, maybe my consciousness would just somehow stay trapped for eternity in that moment. Is that what Heaven is?

Next post is sure to be something about Java, don't worry.

10 comments:

Jesse Kuhnert said...

I don't know why I'm subscribed to your blog but it showed up in g reader so wtf....Hell yes.

i'm so wasted I don't even know what's going on, but wouldn't "no surprises" be even better?

Unknown said...

Interesting point re: ok computer in ransom. Another way to ask the question: if ok computer hadn't been made, and wouldn't be made unless radiohead gains enough support for the current album, how much would you pay for in rainbows?

Kevin Bourrillion said...

A scary amount.

Of course not everyone worships Radiohead, but I would love to believe that everyone has *some* piece of music that does for them what any of Radiohead's 20 best songs do for me, and don't get me started on Neutral Milk Hotel. Otherwise, how sad.

Kelly said...

Well, I was gonna give them a brazillion dollars, but the currency translator they linked to sucked compared to ctrl-K "1 usd in gbp" so... I just bought the super deluxe box vinyl set that hasn't even been made yet and I have no idea how much it cost me cause I didn't bother to check the currency convion :)

combattery84 said...

Dell Inspiron 600m battery
Dell Inspiron 8100 Battery
Dell Y9943 battery
Dell Inspiron 1521 battery
Dell Inspiron 510m battery
Dell Latitude D500 battery
Dell Latitude D520 battery
Dell GD761 battery
Dell NF343 battery
Dell D5318 battery
Dell G5260 battery
Dell Inspiron 9200 battery
Dell Latitude C500 battery
Dell HD438 Battery
Dell GK479 battery
Dell PC764 battery
Dell KD476 Battery
Dell Inspiron 1150 battery
Dell inspiron 8500 battery
Dell Inspiron 4100 battery
Dell Inspiron 4000 battery
Dell Inspiron 8200 battery
Dell FK890 battery
Dell Inspiron 1721 battery

Dell Inspiron 1300 Battery
Dell Inspiron 1520 Battery
Dell Latitude D600 Battery
Dell XPS M1330 battery
Dell Latitude D531N Battery
Dell INSPIRON 6000 battery
Dell INSPIRON 6400 Battery
Dell Inspiron 9300 battery

tpjewelry said...

Other ways to unlock trapped cash thomas sabo is in the form of selling thomas sabo shop silverware, silver flatware, sterling silver thomas sabo jewellery and scrap silver. Each of these thomas sabo schmuck will fetch different values depending on charm club thomas sabo the product and purity factors. sabo charm club With the current economic condition, selling thomas sabo 2010 precious metals, either pure or scrap, has gained thomas sabo sales a lot of importance since it thomas sabo reduziert has great intrinsic value attached to it and selling the scrap is one of the smartest ways of making money.

Unknown said...

I really like your writing style. Nice Post keep it up.

Asus - 15.6" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Matte Dark Brown Suit

Asus - 15.6" Laptop - 3GB Memory - 320GB Hard Drive - Mood Indigo

manimaran said...

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable information. We strive to provide our candidates with excellent care
http://glimtechnologies.com/inplant-training-coimbatore/
http://glimtechnologies.com/ieee-projects-coimbatore/
http://glimtechnologies.com/final-year-ieee-java-projects-coimbatore/
http://glimtechnologies.com/final-year-ieee-dot-net-projects-coimbatore/
http://glimtechnologies.com/final-year-ieee-big-data-projects-coimbatore/
http://glimtechnologies.com/final-year-ieee-python-projects-coimbatore/
http://glimtechnologies.com/final-year-ieee-hadoop-projects-coimbatore/

Brad Litt said...

best rice cooker. Thank for the giving these outstanding information you have a post very good job such a lovely posting..

Unknown said...

sad shayari. famous makeup artist in all over India. We